Today we had the pleasure of heading to Abbotsford to visit EcoDairy, the first demonstration farm of it's kind in Canada. We were invited as part of Avalon Dairy's launch of their #traceablemilk line. We love Avalon because they care about where their milk comes from and how the animals are treated.
During today's tour we met the EcoDairy cows and learned the following fun facts:
- cow poo can be turned into electricity
- each of the cows beds at EcoDairy are made from 8 recycled car tires
- the average cow poos the weight of 5 small children every single day!
- EcoDairy collects their water from the rain water the runs from their roof
- cows can now get milked in 6 minutes or less with the new robot named Robbie
We have been working with Avalon for the past several months because we use their Organic Cream in our Creamy Tomato Pasta Sauce & they are so great to work with. We were able to watch our first batch of cream go through production and then pick it up at the end of the line. How fresh is that! How cool is that?! #knowwhereyourfoodcomesfrom
Want to learn more about where your milk comes from? Head on out to EcoDairy & see for yourself! & while you are there stop by Nature Pickin's Farm Market, it's right next door!